Click here to send us your inquires or call (852) 36130518

Pavukara church

Set on the banks of the hallowed river Pampa, Pavukara Church is ancient. The establishment of a Christian community is linked to traditions dating back to early centuries. Niranam, one of the seven Churches founded by St. Thomas the Apostle is not far away. The first Church is believed to have been built by Arch Bishop Menezez who built several Churches in Kerala after the Diammpur Synod. Portuguese Missionaries from Goa ministered in Pavukara for a period of time. Arch Bishop Menezez himself visited the Church. The official erection of the Parish was in 1792. For a long period of time Pavukara was the only Church for Catholics in Central Travancore. Christians from Chenganoor, Harippad, Thiruvalla and Mavelikara would travel to Pavukara by boat for Sunday Mass. The church has undergone reconstruction, modification and extension several times.

Contact: The Parish Priest

St.Peter's Church, Pavukara , Alapuzha � 689 632,  Tel: 0479-2315387

 

BACK TO STATIONS

© 2005 ++ Quilon Diocese++. All rights reserved

Addmotor electric bike shop

Beauties' Secret cosmetic and skincare

DecorCollection European design furniture| sofa hk| sofas| beds| coffee tables| dining tables| dining chairs| sideboards| furniture hk| Cattelan Italia| Koinor

Wycombe Abbey| private school hong kong| English primary school Hong Kong| primary education| top schools in Hong Kong| best international schools hong kong| best primary schools in hong kong| school day| boarding school Hong Kong| Wycombe Abbey School