Click here to send us your inquires or call (852) 36130518

Kumbalam church

Kumbalam is one of the biggest parishes in the Diocese. This parish formerly part of Kallada (Koduvila), rose to the status of a separate parish in 1865. No information about the first Church can be gathered from the records. In 1925 the roof of the first church collapsed. In 1939 a new Church was constructed. The construction of yet another new church commenced on July 16 th 1996 under the leadership and supervision of Fr. Zepherin K.B, the parish priest. The foundation stone was laids by Bishop Joseph G.Fernandez and the new Church was blessed by Bishop Stanley Roman on 24 th February 2005. The Parish has given many eminent priests to the church including the renowned theologian Fr. Samuel Ryan S.J. The parishioners have fond memories of their former Vicars like Fr. Alfred Camoens, Fr. Francis Hironimous, Fr. Christopher Morris, Fr. Stephen Netto etc. The parish shows a commendable enthusiasm for higher education. Rt. Rev. Charles M. Fernandez hails from this parish.

Contact: The Parish Priest

St.Michael's Church,Kumbalam, Mulavana,Kundara � 691 503,Tel: 0474 - 2522560

BACK TO STATIONS
© 2005 ++ Quilon Diocese++. All rights reserved