Click here to send us your inquires or call (852) 36130518

Koivila church

The origins of Christianity in the area around Thevalakara can be traced to the early centuries. �Marthamariam' church, Thevalakara presently of the Orthodox Christians was originally built by the Christian settlers from Quilon in the 4 th century. The schism of the 17 th century paved the way to the division of Christians in and around Thevalakara. Koivila church was erected a parish in 1980. The parish comprised 75 families with 400 members at that time. The first church was built in 1888. The parish was for long time administered by the Vicar of Kallada and thereafter by the Vicar of Arinallore. It was only from 1960 that Koivila had the privilege of a resident Vicar. Rev. Fr. Benjamin Antony completed the present church in 1997. Bishop Joseph G. Fernandez blessed it on May 7, 1997. Koivila has the status and proud privilege of having given to the diocese its first native bishop, Rt. Rev. Dr. Jerome M. Fernandez of revered memory.

Contact: The Parish Priest

St. Antony's Church, Koivila � 691 590,Kollam ,Tel: 0476-2872560

BACK TO STATIONS
© 2005 ++ Quilon Diocese++. All rights reserved