Click here to send us your inquires or call (852) 36130518
 
Kandachira Church

The first Christian settlers in Kandachira were those who left the famous Thareesa palli for better prospects. Portuguese missionaries evangelized here. Kandachira was part of Tuet parish. The first church was built in 1787 in Perinad village. This church was destroyed in the riots consequent to Velu Thampi Dalava's declaration of independence. The second church was built at the present site in 1837. Erected as a separate parish in 1875 Kandachira continued to be under the care of the Vicar of Tuet till 1907 when Kandachira district was set up. Mangad, Chemmakad and Permon-Mundakal were part of this �Parochial district. Fr. Alexander was the first parish priest. The present church was blessed in 1987.

 

Contact: The Parish Priest

St. Thomas' Church Kandachira, Mangad

Kollam � 691 015  Tel: 0474-2711070

BACK TO STATIONS
© 2005 ++ Quilon Diocese++. All rights reserved

Addmotor electric bike shop

Beauties' Secret cosmetic and skincare

DecorCollection European design furniture| sofa hk| sofas| beds| coffee tables| dining tables| dining chairs| sideboards| furniture hk| Cattelan Italia| Koinor

Wycombe Abbey| private school hong kong| English primary school Hong Kong| primary education| top schools in Hong Kong| best international schools hong kong| best primary schools in hong kong| school day| boarding school Hong Kong| Wycombe Abbey School