Click here to send us your inquires or call (852) 36130518
Astamudy  Church

Astamudy church is under the care of the Vicar of Aipuzha. It was in 1945 that efforts to set up a separate church for the faithful of Ashtamudi-Manalikara area were initiated. It was elevated to the status of a parish in 1956. From 1962 onwards Sunday mass got regularized. Bishop Jerome, a strong advocate of Indianisation took the bold step of christening the church by coining a new title for Blessed Virgin Mary � Ashtajala Rani � Queen of Ashtamudy Lake. The image of B.V.Mary in Indian attire set on Ashtamudy waters was installed in a shrine near the lake. A church was built in 1967 by Rev. Fr. Francis David. Bishop Joseph G. Fernandez blessed the present church in 2001. (For contact, ref. Aipuzha )

 

Contact: The Parish Priest

Ashtajala Rani Church

Ashtamudy - 691 602   Tel: 0470-2702205

BACK TO STATIONS
© 2005 ++ Quilon Diocese++. All rights reserved

Addmotor electric bike shop

Beauties' Secret cosmetic and skincare

DecorCollection European design furniture| sofa hk| sofas| beds| coffee tables| dining tables| dining chairs| sideboards| furniture hk| Cattelan Italia| Koinor

Wycombe Abbey| private school hong kong| English primary school Hong Kong| primary education| top schools in Hong Kong| best international schools hong kong| best primary schools in hong kong| school day| boarding school Hong Kong| Wycombe Abbey School